About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Accountant to work within the Finance
department, and specifically the Financial Reporting workstream. The Financial Reporting
workstream is responsible for the accurate and timely production of financial information
including, statutory reporting, regulatory reporting, tax reporting, management reporting
(including expense reporting, management accounts and board reporting), as well as being
central to audit activity for the group. As part of the finance function the Financial Reporting
workstream also plays a significant role in respect of the financial control framework and risk
This role may be asked to support all activity within the Financial Reporting workstream but
would be specifically focussed on statutory and regulatory reporting. The role requires a
professional accounting qualification and will require a knowledge of audit processes and
practices as it will be a key point of contact for the Group’s external auditors.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, versatile and a team player. The role will
require an involvement in a number of reporting activities, either supporting senior members
of the team or taking the lead on activity, as required. An ability to work within a busy and
varied Finance team and to provide support at a variety of levels is essential.
Main areas of responsibility
• Be a key player in the Group’s statutory, regulatory and tax reporting processes, taking the
lead on specific pieces of work as directed.
• Support the Group’s audit processes, acting as a key point of contact with external auditors.
This would include liaising with auditors, dealing with audit queries and contributing to the
timely completion of the audit.
Job Role Profile – Interim Accountant 2
• Support the Group’s monthly accounting processes, including the timely preparation of
management accounts and management reporting, including control aspects such as
reconciliations and reviews.
• Contribute to the continual improvement and development of the financial control
processes to ensure the highest standards are maintained and that changes in legal and
regulatory requirements are appropriately included into processes.
• Preparation and submission of VAT & Tax reporting supporting multiple jurisdictions.
• Provide support and assistance to the wider finance team.
About the Company